SPRING, as the Safety Authority, manages the Consumer Protection (Safety Requirements) Registration Scheme (CPS Scheme), where we ensure 45 categories of household electrical, electronic and gas appliances and accessories meet the specified safety standards before they are given the SAFETY Mark and sold in Singapore.
As the Safety Authority, we
- Register Controlled Goods
- Register the suppliers of Controlled Goods
- Educate consumers and traders on the SAFETY Mark and the CPS Scheme
- Designate third-party Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs) and Recognised Testing Laboratories under the CPS Scheme
- Conduct market surveiliance and investigate accidents / incidents / complains pertaining to Controlled Goods
The SAFETY Mark helps consumers and traders to identify registered controlled goods. All registered controlled goods must be individually marked with the SAFETY Mark either on the product or packaging.
Register of Controlled Goods / Registered Suppliers
The SAFETY Mark comprises a "safety logo" enclosed in a square on the left and the words "SAFETY MARK" within a rectangle on the right. Below these is a unique 8-digit registration number traceable to the registrant and the registered models.
Verify if the Controlled Goods you have purchased have been registered with SPRING Singapore.
Download the following :